Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Imagine! Consumer Donates Hair To "Locks Of Love"


William will miss his long hair that kept his neck warm, but finds it gratifying to know that someone who is going through hard times is going to receive the hair.
Imagine! consumer William grew out his hair for about 18 months for the purpose of having it cut and donating it to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under the age of 21 who experience long-term medical hair loss.

William learned about Locks of Love when a friend of his had cancer. When asked if he misses his hair, William replied, “Yes and no. Yes, because it kept my neck warm, and no because it bugged me at night when I was sleeping. Also, when the wind blew it would get in my face.” William added, “It was a gratifying experience, knowing that someone who is going through hard times is going to receive the hair. I'm going to wait until next summer, and then I plan on growing it out again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment