Friday, July 9, 2010

Safeway Foundation Pledges $10,000

The Safeway Foundation has pledged $10,000 to Imagine! based on a grant request that was accompanied by a letter from one of Imagine!'s clients, Joe Hansen, who has worked at Safeway since 2001, and a letter from Joe's mother, Jeannette Hansen.

Joe's letter notes, "I started working at Safeway when I was a senior in high school. I am a courtesy clerk. My work at Safeway has given me financial independence. I use my Safeway pay check to buy groceries and for spending money. I really enjoy the people at work and am proud that I am helping people in my community." Jeannette's letter states, "As a mother, I am very grateful to both Imagine! and Safeway. Services from Imagine! and a job at Safeway have made Joe's life so much richer and happier. I am very proud of Joe and delighted to see how happy he is today."

Joe serves on Imagine!'s Board of Directors, and he and his mother will be on hand when the Safeway Foundation presents the $10,000 check to Imagine! at the board meeting on August 31. Thanks so much, Joe! We believe your letter and your mom's were the deciding factors in our receiving this generous grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment